RAM: Claim for canceled flight
What should you do if your Royal Air Maroc flight is canceled? Rights and responsibilities
Every time a flight cancellation by RAM takes place it has unpleasant consequences for our trip. It is very important to know your rights as a passenger and what to do when a flight is canceled to mitigate the inconvenience this situation can cause and the responsibilities of airlines.
Passenger rights in the event of flight cancellation
The European Community Regulation (EC) 261/2004 includes all the rights available to the traveler in the event of cancellation of flights and overbooking.
First, when airlines cancel a flight, they are required to provide information on the steps passengers must take to be compensated.
Royal Air Maroc passengers are entitled to financial compensation in the event of flight cancellation, unless:
– Cancellation occurs due to extraordinary circumstances
– They are informed of the cancellation at least two weeks before the scheduled departure time.
– They are informed of the cancellation between two weeks and seven days before the scheduled departure time and are offered an alternative transport that allows them to leave no more than two hours before the scheduled departure time and arrive at your final destination less than four hours. hours late from the scheduled arrival time.
– They are informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled departure time and are offered to take another flight that allows them to leave at most one hour before the scheduled departure time and arrive at your final destination less than two hours late from the scheduled arrival time.
This compensation can be made in cash, check, transfer or travel vouchers from the company itself and the amount will depend on the distance of the flight and whether it offers alternative transport with a delay of less than three hours. In this case, the compensation is reduced. Compensation varies depending on the distance of the journey and the destination:
– On flights up to 1500 km: compensation of 250 euros
– On flights between 1,500 and 3,500 km: compensation of 400 euros
– Intra-community flights over 1500 km: Compensation of 400 euros
Flights over 3,500 km: Compensation of 600 euros
When a flight is canceled, the passenger is entitled to a refund of the full ticket price or to arrange alternative transport. In case of reimbursement, it must be made within the following seven days and if due to the wait the trip no longer makes sense, you must reimburse the remainder of the trip and the return ticket.
Alternative transport must reach the final destination as quickly as possible, which usually involves a transfer to another flight, even if it is not from the same airline.
In addition, Royal Air MAroc is obligated to assist the traveler by providing food and drink while awaiting alternate transportation. She should also facilitate two free calls and free hosting if needed.